Saturday, September 25, 2010
A New Cindy // 9:20 PM
Spent time to clear and tidy up my study table and had everything ready to start my mugging time. Music, specs
(to make myself feel nerdy), sweets, and drinks. I even went to the extent of switching off my laptop and kept my handphone away from me. Wanted to keep off all distractions; and start studying seriously. But study mood still didn't come back to me in the end): So decided to go for a run before coming back home and attempt mugging again.
Just came back from a 7 rounds run near my house. Finished it in like 16 minutes!(: Pretty much an accomplishment to me, considering the fact that I haven't been running long distance for a long time already. Had a refreshing bath; and now I'm ready to start mugging for my promos(:
The run just now was awesome. Guess it ain't too bad to be alone at night at times(: Felt the cold wind blowing on my face, felt my heart thumping, felt very lethargic, felt myself being me again. Come to think about it, I haven't had much time for myself since I've been drown by school work and whatnots since the start of the year.
Spent a lot of time thinking just now. Realised that I like to write philosophical compos, cause I think I sound very profound. Lol! But then, reality kicked in and I realised that I haven't been practicing what I preach.
In my compos, I keep telling people that there's bound to be ups and downs in life. It's inevitable, it's a learning process. As long as we brace ourselves, grit our teeth and stay strong; we will pull through, we won't get down. This is what life is about.
However, just how much am I following what I say? At some point in life, I realised that I, too, am a weakling. I gave up too easily, and when things get tough, I don't have the strength to keep going anymore. This is even more so when I enter JC. Looking at how my other friends are enjoying their poly life, new circle of friends; I find myself pitying my own life. I find myself regretting my decision in coming to a JC, blaming myself for letting others waver my decision and changed it in the end. I find myself getting upset over the tiniest little thing such as being unable to meet up with my loves, when I know that they would always be there and we can always arrange a time again. I find myself hating the current life I'm living so so so so sooooooo much, I find myself feeling stressed up ever so easily. This is how much I've changed.
Today, after the run, it then dawned on me that this is the path that I've chosen; and there's no way I can turn back time. I should start practicing what I preach and no matter what happens, to face each and every problem with open arms and an opened heart. Cause I know for sure, that I have a bunch of awesome friends and a warm family that would be behind me always, supporting me, giving me strength, helping me up when I fall, and letting me lean on when I get tired.
I'll stay strong, I'll face all problems that comes to me with courage, I'll learn from past mistakes, and I'll be a changed person.
They say happiness is a choice, we can choose to be sad, but we can choose to be happy too. Well, I guess I prefer the latter option. I'll learn to be the happy me again(:
So well, I guess it's time to really start mugging for my promos! It's just 9 days more! Hang in there, Cindy! As the saying goes: "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going", all these would be over in a blink of an eye.
Stay strong, push yourself through the last lap, and end the race with a smile(:
iloveyou❤