Thursday, October 7, 2010
Proper post(: // 10:42 PM
Hello.I've posted in school today; when I wasn't in the best of mood. Well, not saying that I am in a better one right now, but I'm here for a proper post for today.
Prepared for school with an uneasy heart. Today's the day to get back some of my promotional examinations results. For this promos; I wouldn't say I gave off my best, nor would I say I didn't try. Let's just put it this way... I didn't push myself beyond what I'm capable of. Perhaps it hadn't hit me, that I should always cherish all the opportunities in front of me. Yet.
Well, got back Chinese results during Lecture period today. First result that I've gotten back today; 114/160- which is 71.25%. I'm glad that I maintained my A. It really came unexpected cause I thought I really didn't do well for my paper 1. Thankfully, I did moderately well for both papers and got an A in the end(:
Math Tutorial was next on the list; I was really dragging my feet to class. My heart was really thumping while waiting for Mr Tan to give us back our papers. I seriously hate the feeling of waiting to get back our results. But well, I'm glad I managed to score 82/100 in the end^^ I was seriously taken aback when Mr Tan announced that I was the first in class. Because Jiwon has always been the one topping for all the class tests and lectures tests. So, I'm glad(:
After getting back the results of Chinese and Math, we had to attend a workshop. Was having a bad PMS which I haven't been having in a long time. Was really dreading the workshop for it lasts for 4 hours. But surprisingly, it turned out really well(:
The speaker was good. Entertaining, experienced, interactive. You name it, he got it. I'm glad our class got that speaker(: At the end of the session, one of his stories really struck me. The story revolved around the line whereby a word of affirmation could really change things and change the people around you.
Kinda teared a little at the end of the story :/ Well, it certainly made me realise the importance of cherishing the people around me; especially my loved ones(: I really have a strong urge to write little notes to the beloved people around me now(:
Anyway, here's the story: (rough one, cause I can't really remember the exact details :x)
A school teacher had this idea of wanting to thank his students on a very special day. Hence, he decided to prepare ribbons for his students, in which the phrase "Who am I, makes a difference" was written on it. The teacher then asked each student out to the front and thanked the student personally, and then putting on the ribbon on them and also, giving them 3 more ribbons. He then began: "The objective of this is to pass on a word of affirmation to the people around you, whom you're thankful for. So, pass the ribbons on"
A student then went to thank a special teacher of his, whom had taught him valuable lessons and skills. He pinned the ribbon on his teacher, and then passed him the other 2 ribbons and asked him to pass it on. The teacher then decided to give the ribbon to his supervisor, who was well know for his grouchy attitude. His supervisor was taken aback, but accepted the offer nonetheless.
On his way home, he thought about who should he give for the last ribbon. And all these while, the only person that came to his mind, was his son. Therefore, he headed back home and told his son: "Son, you know what? One of my employees suddenly came and thanked me this afternoon and even gave me a ribbon. He told me to pass this ribbon on; giving it to a person whom I'm thankful for. And the only person that came to my mind was you, son. I just want to tell you, I love you."
Upon hearing this, the son cried uncontrollably. Within his cries, you could barely make out the words that he was trying so hard to say. He said: "Daddy, thank you. You know what? Since Mummy's death, I felt so lonely and I felt that daddy didn't love me. And tonight, after you go to bed, I was preparing to commit suicide. I even prepared a letter for you." Hearing this, the father went up to his room and found the letter. The letter was filled with anguish, sadness, etc.
This ribbon, these words of affirmation; saved the life of his son.
Well, I know I'm missing quite a number of details, but I think the rough idea is there. Lol. I was really touched by this story. And I still am.
I don't know what to feel anymore. It's like.. My feelings are numbed, my heart is cold, I can't feel anything anymore.
iloveyou❤